I hate a boring salad as much as bad WiFi. Seriously, if you’re just chopping up some veggies without dressing and don’t mix it up well so all the good stuff is at the bottom, don’t @ me.
In light of this, I was pleasantly surprised when I came over Chopt Salad on Instragram. In short, their salads looks really un-boring and I wanted to do something in spirit of that.
The child of this is: Ranch Dressed Salad with «Chicken». The salad isn’t unhealthy, but it has some fat (thanks, ranch dressing).
You need a big bowl to mix it all up. In essence, it’s super important to mix well so the salad is equally good at the bottom as the start. The key to this is the ranch dressing that really binds it all together.
It’s super easy to alter too. You could add some cheese, beans or whatever you want. The fake chicken I used really works out great and can be found at least in Norway and Sweden (see ingredients for link).
Portions: 5 – 6
- 1 garlic minced
- 250 ml Créme Fraíche
- 125 ml mayonnaise
- 2 tsp White wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Handfull leaf parsley chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 300g Romano salad
- 160g Kale
- 400g avocado
- 280g cherry tomatos
- 320g Fake chicken (Hälsans Kök Filébitar)
- 100g walnuts
- Get a medium bowl to put everything in. Add the créme fraíche, mayonnaise and the white wine vinegar and whisk together
- Mince 1 garlic and add to bowl
- Chop up the parsley and leaf parsley and add to bowl
- Whisk everything together and add salt and pepper if need
- Put in fridge to cool down
- Start frying the fake chicken. It’s supposed to be room temperature, so feel free to work on the rest of salad while it’s frying.
- Wash and chop up romano salad and kale. Add to a BIG bowl and mix it up. It’s important to chop in square-ish bits so it’s not big flunks of salad (but not too small either).
- Chop up cherry tomatos in 4 pieces plus the acovado. Add to bowl and mix it up.
- Add the fake chicken to the bowl and mix well.
- Take the ranch dressing from the fridge and add everything to the bowl and mix well. I like to add the dressing in portions so the whole salad get’s covered.
- Serve the salad in a bowl and put walnuts on top. I roasted them white some honey, but it’s totally not a must.
Shazam!! You now have a delicious salad. Nom Nom!
Salad, per portion:
- 346 kcal
- 17.9 g protein
- 5 g carbs
- 8.53 g fiber
- 1.45 g sugar
- 26.7 g fat
Ranch dressing, per portion:
- 311 kcal
- 1 g protein
- 1.8 g carbs
- 0.01 g fiber
- 0.01 g sugar
- 33.5 g fat