You know when you make a dinner by slumping things you have at hand, and it turns out so good that you’re boiled up with these mixed emotions of happiness, relief and anger that anyone dared doubt you in anything in life? Well, this one did that for me.
I’m trying to be a better slumper. Usually I’m so fixated on following a recipe to perfection, that I lose the fun of putting stuff in the bowl and crossing my fingers that it turns out good.
This creamy thai red curry soup with mushrooms can be made with just one put and for the most part you throw all the ingredients in and let it is.
The flavors are crazy in this one. While our Creamy Indian ginger and lentil soup is really good, and perfect to dip bread in for example, this soup is probably enough to stand alone.
How to make this even better?
I used the rest of my broccoli that I had in the fridge. I image this also would be perfect with some glas noodles or rice.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp ginger
- 3-4 tsp red curry
- 200 – 250 g chopped mushroom (I used aroma mushroom)
- 1 liter coconut milk (approx. 4 boxes)
- 1 liter of water with broth
- 1x whole lime
- 1 – 2 tbsp coconut sugar (you can also use brown sugar)
- 1 – 2 dl soy sauce
- Heat up your pot to fairly warm and add some oil
- Cut the garlic and ginger in small pieces and add that with the red curry. Fry everything up for couple of minutes.
- Add everything else… You cut the mushrooms in slices and squeeze the juice out of the lime.
- Set it up for boil, then take down the temperature and let it cook for 10 – 20 minutes.